Van Trekker

Checkout my vandwelling blog at http://vantrekker.com/ Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Creamy Crimini Mushroom Pasta

 
 

 
 
Recently I decided to go on a 2 day camping trip eating only vegetarian (non-vegan) food. It's day 2 and I feel great and have enjoyed the food. Here's a recipe I made up last night for camping.  Don't worry about measuring stuff too closely.  I pretty much only use a 1/4 measuring cup for most cooking efforts (and "pinches" for small measurements)
 
Creamy Crimini Mushroom Pasta

4 whole crimini mushrooms, sliced (you can use other kinds of mushrooms)
1/2 cup dried pasta (I used rainbow rotini)
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves, torn

1/4 cup white wine (I used cheap Pinot Grigio)
1T olive oil (I like the garlic / herb infused)


 


Creamy sauce is starting to thicken
  


Saute the mushrooms in the olive oil for a couple of minutes over low heat. Add in the white wine and simmer over low heat a couple of minutes until the wine starts to be absorbed. Slowly add the chicken broth.  Stir the pasta and simmer until the pasta is nearly cooked (about 7 minutes).  Mix in the sour cream, stir until well mixed and continue to simmer until thickened.  Season as desired.

This simple recipe would be wonderful with chicken, more veggies, you name it.  You could even add in a small amount of dijon mustard!
 
Enjoy.
 
Bradford aka V.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! Thank you!